There are many opportunities for training and support for UBC's Learning Tools.
If you want to get started with Connect, WebCT Vista, UBC Wiki or UBC Blogs, first contact your local Instructional Support Unit (ISU). Not certain who to contact? Check this contact list.
If your faculty does not have a local ISU, visit UBC's Centre for Teaching, Learning & Technology (CTLT). CTLT provides learning technology workshops and one-on-one assistance for faculty.
If you're from UBC Okanagan, visit the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
- Connect Institute
- The Connect Institute is a series of workshops that will support instructors in using Connect to effectively achieve their teaching and learning goals, regardless of their experience.
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Speaker Series (TLT)
- The Teaching, Learning and Technology (TLT) speaker series focuses on innovative ideas, emerging technologies and effective practices related to the integration of technology into the learning and teaching environment.
- Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Communities of practice are groups whose members "share a passion for something they know how to do and who interact regularly to learn how to do it better". CTLT partners with units across campus to create, sustain, and support communities of practice throughout their lifecycle.
- Lynda.com Pilot
- Lynda.com is an online collection of instructional videos designed to provide just-in-time training in a variety of areas, including software skills development, learning technology tools, and professional business practices. This service is available for free to all UBC faculty, staff, and post-doctoral fellows for a five-month pilot between Nov. 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014, at no additional charge. For registration and access information, please visit http://lynda.ubc.ca.