- Running Item Analysis on an assessment fails with an NAN error
Running Item Analysis on an assessment fails with an NAN error
- Equation images in multiple answer questions show broken images to students
Issue Name: Equation images in multiple answer questions show broken images to students Submitted on: 12/03/2013 Summary: Instead of showing the equation images, broken image icons display for the student when taking the quiz. Issue Workaround Resolution Multiple answer questions break when students take the quiz. Instructors can view the images as normal, but students […]
- Error when logging into Connect: Unknown person, could not create account
While attempting to log in to Connect for the first time, the error message "Unknown person, could not create account." is displayed.
- Assessments Appear to be Available After Adding a Test Availability Exception
Assessments Appear to be Available After Adding a Test Availability Exception
- Error: [String of text] contains a Question Set reference that cannot be resolved
Error: [Some of text] contains a Question Set reference that cannot be resolved.
- Send Email produces a “Bad Request” – Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at connect.ubc.ca Port 443.
Send Email produces a "Bad Request" - Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at connect.ubc.ca Port 443.
- Students will receive a 404 Error when they try to download a feedback file for a group assignment that has a space in the file name
Students will receive a 404 Error when they try to download a feedback file for a group assignment that has a space in the file name
- Evernote Plugin Causes blank popup windows to appear on screen
Issue Name: Evernote Plugin Causes blank popup windows to appear on screen Submitted on: 11/18/2013 Summary: When the “Evernote Web Clipper” plugin is installed for Safari, it causes some blank windows and interface elements to appear floating on the landing page. Issue Workaround Resolution When the “Evernote Web Clipper” plugin is installed for Safari, it causes some […]
- Tables made in announcements bleed into or overlap standard text
When a table is inserted into announcements, part of the table is offset into the side of the window/text.
- Multiple Choice Questions: “Show Answers in Random Order” incorrectly maps “Given answer” with “Correct answer”
When a test question has "Show Answers in Random Order" turned on for multiple choice questions, upon completing the test and reviewing the answers, the "given answer" numbering does not match the "correct answer" numbering.
- Students Receive Overdue Notification for all Items in Learning Modules Regardless of Submission Status
Issue Name: Students Receive Overdue Notification for all Items in Learning Modules Regardless of Submission Status Submitted on: 11/01/2013 Summary: All Assessment types created with due dates inside of Learning Modules send an overdue What’s Past Due notification to a student in the Alerts module even when the submission was made before the deadline. A […]
- Submitted Files that Include Apostrophe Characters in the Name Prevents Assignment Inline Grading Rendering of the File
Submitted Assignment Files that Include Apostrophe Characters in the Name Prevents Assignment Inline Grading Rendering of the File
- Current and Previous Term Courses Displaying in Courses Module for Students
Students and instructors are now seeing both current and previous term courses under the "My Courses' Module.
- Test results do not display after submission in self test in Internet Explorer browser (version 8 & 9)
In Internet Explorer browser (version 8 & 9), test results do not display after submission when the user clicks "ok" to see results in self test.
- Test Availability Exceptions can remove Test Availability settings
Test Availability Exceptions can remove Test Availability settings
- A Course is Listed in the Calendar when the User is not Available on the Course Roster
When students drop a course, the Course no longer appears in the "My Courses" module. However, students are still able to see in the Calendar, events for the course they dropped.
- Assessment Update and Regrade While an Attempt is in Progress will Cause Future Updates and Regrades to have No Effect if the Same Point Total Is Used
Assessment Update and Regrade While an Attempt is in Progress will Cause Future Updates and Regrades to have No Effect if the Same Point Total Is Used
- 404 error when opening an attached feedback WORD document
404 error when opening an attached feedback WORD document
- Running Item Analysis Fails with an Error
Running Item Analysis Fails with an Error
- Edit in Blackboard returns to Content Collection root folder level
Edit in Blackboard returns to Content Collection root folder level
- Answer for Calculated Formula Marked Incorrectly if a Space is Placed Before the Units
Answer for Calculated Formula Marked Incorrectly if a Space is Placed Before the Units
- Alerts for Messages Posted in Group Discussion Boards do not Appear in the What’s New Module
Alerts for Messages Posted in Group Discussion Boards do not Appear in the What's New Module
- Editing a Calculated Formula Question on a test with Attempts sets Answer set to 10
Editing a Calculated Formula Question on a test with Attempts sets Answer set to 10
- Embedding Audio Files/Media into a Question via Test Pool Reverts the ‘Type’ to Flash After an Edit
Embedding Audio Files/Media into a Question via Test Pool Reverts the 'Type' to Flash After an Edit
- Courses in which the calendar tool is disabled are still appearing on the shared calendar.
Courses in which the calendar tool is disabled are still appearing on the shared calendar.
- Attached HTML files Including iframes do not Display Correctly in Firefox
Attached HTML files Including iframes do not Display Correctly in Firefox browser
- Incorrect formula used for Weighted Columns in Grade Center
Incorrect formula used for Weighted Columns in Grade Center
- VTBE Copy and Paste Functionality not Working in Firefox, Chrome and Safari
VTBE Copy and Paste Functionality not Working for MAC O.S in Firefox, Chrome and Safari
- Inconsistency Between Uploading Files and Using Content Collection when Embedding Media Files via the VTBE
Inconsistency Between Uploading Files and Using Content Collection when Embedding Media Files via the VTBE
- Double Spacing Between Sentences in HTML Files Are Replaced by Random Characters When Edited in Blackboard
Double Spacing Between Sentences in HTML Files Are Replaced by Random Characters WhenEdited in Blackboard - (Internal Article No.: 000032546)
- REMOTE_USER not set
Error: REMOTE_USER not set. Check Shibboleth configuration.
- Discussion threads load slowly
Discussion threads load slowly
- Misleading confirmation message when deleting dividers or subheaders from Menu
After upgrading to SP 13, when deleting dividers or subheaders from Menu. It provides a misleading confirmation message.
- VTBE hangs when replying to discussion threads
VTBE Hangs when Replying to Discussion Threads.
- Copying or archiving courses is failing due to java.lang.StackOverflowError errors
The process of copying a course or archiving has produced error: java.lang.StackOverflowError
- Cannot View more than 100 Connect courses in Course List
The Course List module in Connect currently only displays 100 items following the SP13 upgrade.
- Rounding Score is Leading to Incorrect Percentage in Self and Peer Assessment
Self and Peer Assessment percentage results are being displayed incorrectly. The rounding of the results are resulting in the incorrect percentages.
- Can’t Go back Into Teacher View for Unavailable Courses
If you're working on a course that is unavailable to students and you go into Student View, you will not be able to go back into Teacher View or access your other courses.
- Login Issues
After entering CWL credentials, a system error states: REMOTE_USER not set. Check Shibboleth configuration.
- Uploading multiple files to Content Collection – file dates are not updated
When multiple files are uploaded to Bb9.1 using the drag n drop "multiple files" method, only the first file has it's date/time updated to the date and time of upload.
- Web Links tool not working in Learning Modules
Web Links tool not working in Learning Modules
- Voice Email Tool
Instructor's email address does not appear in the Voice Email application
- Voice Authoring
Voice Board and Voice Podcaster tools do not load in courses that were created from a copy of a course.
- Uploaded files are not saved in order
An instructor has uploaded the files in a specific order, but they appear randomly saved in Learn 9.1.
- Updating Open Quizzes
Connect allows instructors to update assessments questions before, during, and after students have taken it.
- Unread Blogs from Unavailable Courses Display in What’s New Module and Cannot Be Removed
Unread blogs from unavailable courses display in 'What's New' Module and cannot be removed.
- Accessibility issues with the new Bb Learn Theme
Accessibility Issues with hyperlinks with the new Bb Learn 2012 theme, including: hyperlinks are no longer underlined, content folder titles are no longer underlined, & the colour (contrast) of links in the content frame is either too light or too dark.
- TA Course Access
Modifying the TA role so it will not be able to access courses after their end date.
- System Caching
A consistent issue where modifications made at the system & course level in Load Balanced Environment (i.e. making top level tabs available, updates to modules, adding tool links) are not viewable on the user end.
- Syncing the Grade Centre with a Spreadsheet
New columns can be added to the Grade Centre by uploading a spreadsheet. However, if grades are added or modified, uploading the spreadsheet again creates a new column instead of modifying the data in the old column.
- Student To Do Notifications do not Show for Assignments or Tests Imported into Course
To Do notifications will not display an assignment or test due date that was imported/migrated then deployed in the course.
- Statistics Tracking for Content in a Content Area
Statistics Tracking may not provide an accurate overview of whether individual content has been accessed.
- Statistics for Question Sets
There is no feature to view statistics for question sets such as attempt statistics.
- User and Groups – ability to sort based on role
Currently, the sort feature only sorts based on users on page and not all users.
- Self-enroll Group Sets
Hidden groups created by Group sets appear in the self-enroll sign up sheets.
- Secure Content Warning (Internet Explorer)
Internet Explorer users may encounter a "Security Warning" pop-up message when viewing certain course content in Connect.
- Saving in the Grade Centre
When you click the Save or Save and Next buttons in the Grade Centre, comments entered into the Feedback or Grading Notes areas are not saved unless a grade is also entered.
- Save as Draft
If instructor marks (including feedback) have been saved using "Save as Draft" the only way to make the mark visible to students is by clicking Save and Exit for each student. The "Save and Next" button does not remove the draft status.
- Reusable Objects in Migrated Courses from the Pilot LMS Are Not Visible to Students in Connect
Courses containing reusable objects that were migrated from the Pilot LMS (lms.ubc.ca) to Connect (connect.ubc.ca) will display random text like "@X@artifact_539564_1@X@" to students.
- Replies are not visible in Discussion thread
Replies appear missing following the author of Discussion thread.
- Removing Adaptive Release
You can not remove adaptive release settings using Adaptive Release (you must use Adaptive Release: Advanced).
- PDFs in Firefox 8 for Macs
In Firefox 8 for Macs, you are unable to view PDFs in Learning Modules directly within the browser.
- Ordering Question Type
The answers appear under the question instead of beside it which causes confusion for the students. The ordering question questions and answers should appear side by side.
- Opening Grade Center in a separate window or tab
A message will appear: "Error: The Grade Center does not work properly if displayed in its own window or tab.”
- Multiple Choice/Multiple Answers
In CE/Vista 8, users were able to create 50 potential answers for multiple choice/answer questions. In Blackboard Learn 9.1, it only allows up to 20 potential answers.
- Messages Email Tool
The Messages tool currently does not have the option to draft messages, cc external email addresses or allow multiple file attachments.
My email address is incorrect.
- Highest Grade Setting Impacts Attempt Statistics and Download Results
When "Highest Grade" is selected as the scoring option for assessments that allow multiple attempts, it impacts the results that are displayed in the Attempt Statistics and when the assessment results are downloaded.
- Hiding a Grade Column from Student’s view in My Grades Tool
When a quiz or assignment column is created in the Grade Center, it will also appear in the My Grades tool unless it is hidden from the students.
- HTML in Assessment Answers
When downloading Assessment or Survey results, and when using the Grade Questions option, HTML is included in student responses making grading or using the data for calculations challenging.
- Group Assignment Submission Downloads
When an instructor uses the batch Assignment Download function available for any group assignment from the Grade Center, the resulting zip file will contain the files as attached by students, however all filenames have been removed and replaced with incoherent hexidecimal code i.e. what was CSM Assignment #2.docx becomes 37CF7B67D21FA3B686ADAB39B7595044.docx when the file is unzipped.
- Grading Quiz Questions
In some courses, instructors are unable to grade items in a quiz.
- Grade Center download file only contains “in progress” or “needs grading” instead of student grade
If you view the Connect Grade Center and there are tests for which students have submitted multiple attempts, and some of those attempts are still "in progress," Connect will display the grade for those attempts which the students have submitted and an "in progress" icon to indicate they also have attempts which have not been submitted.
- Grade Center download – Graded Items do not appear in Multiple attempts scenario
Tests/Assignments that are allowed more than 1 attempt and are initially graded. The grades do not appear when the file is downloaded if there is a second submission that needs grading.
- Firefox 19.0 and Grade Center Column Reordering
When attempting to drag and drop the Grade Center items using Firefox 19, the item become misaligned and relocates to the bottom of the page.
- File Permissions – Students can’t view file
With the current System settings, when Instructors upload a new file and link it to their course content, Students are not able to view the file.
- Exports with a Sub Header and Content Area with the Same Name Import Incorrectly
Exports with a sub header and content area with the same name import incorrectly. The sub header and content area get renamed and are empty.
- Exporting test file to Content Collections Folder
When you export a test file, locally to your computer the file size remains the same. However, if you export a test file locally to your content collection area.
- Error Message Cannot Be Copied
Error messages are frequently displayed in pop-up windows that do not permit their text to be selected and copied.
- Email – Faculty and Staff who are Alumni
Faculty and Staff who are UBC Alumni may find that their email address and displayed username have changed to reflect their student record.
- Editing Migrated Rubrics
Migrated rubrics cannot be edited. Users can open, view and make changes to the rubric, but when they click Save they receive the following error "A valid numeric value must be entered: Points".
- Drag and Drop with Multiple File Uploads Does Not Function Correctly on Macs
Dragging and dropping files into the multiple file uploader does not function correctly.
- Discussions tool file attachments
Currently the tool lacks the ability to attach multiple files in a post (i.e. that was previously available in Vista/CE8).
- Discussions tool – Adaptive Release features
Would like Learn 9.1 to have similar functionality that is in Vista/CE 8 to manage adaptive release (i.e. date, member, group and grade book criteria).
- Creating Groups – Viewing Groups in Grade Centre
As with Vista, Groups are not created in the Grade Centre. Groups are created from the Control Panel -> Users and Groups -> Groups. However, the groups are not indicated in the Grade Centre.
- System Admin Course Style Edit Defaults to Black on Black Menu
If you set a course style back to default then edit the style via System Admin / Course Search/Edit defaulted menu is black on black.
- Changing Quiz Names in Grade Centre
Changing a quiz name does not always change the name in the Grade Center.
- Can’t Access Grade Center – get TypeError: a.gpid is undefined
When an instructor attempts to view the full grade center they receive the error message errorParsingDataMsg:TypeError: a.gpid is undefined.
- Calculated Numeric Answers and Answer Ranges are Truncated After Three Decimal places
When a calculated numeric question is created with an answer range with three or more decimals places, the correct answer gets truncated.
- Add Users Link Does Not Work
When the link "Add Users" under Course Tools is clicked, it comes up with an "Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden." error.
- Export and Archive Failed Email Message is received when creating an Export or Archive File where there are Errors
When creating an Export or Archive zip file, a Export or Archive Failed: [Course ID] could not be completed email is received if there are errors when generating the zip file (i.e. the course contains a link to a file that does not exist, can not package the Collaborate session or Early Warning Rules, and etc).
Last updated on July 24, 2013 @12:38 pm