- Update your email in the Student Service Centre (SSC) to receive messages from your instructor
- When you login, browse the Student Orientation Course to learn the different features in Connect
- Need help?
An Introduction to the Connect Course Environment
Before you start your course, watch the video below and become familiar with your new learning environment.
- QuickLaunch: Content Area
- QuickLaunch: Announcement
- QuickLaunch: Discussions
- QuickLaunch: Email
- QuickLaunch: Assessments
- Getting Started with Your Course Environment (pdf)
- Getting Started with Course Content
- Getting Started with Groups (pdf)
- Getting Started with the Grade Center (pdf)
- Getting Started with Assignments (pdf)
- Getting Started with Building a Test (pdf)
- Instructor Manual (Note: 451 pages PDF file – please be patient.)
For those with a migrated course, please see Getting Started with a Migrated Course.
- Contact your faculty's Instructional Support Unit
- Face-to-face and online drop-in sessions are available.
Professional Development Workshops
- Drop-in Sessions
- Every Wednesay, 1:00PM - 3:00PM at the CTLT Fraser River Room, IKBLC 2nd Floor
- Register for Connect Institute hands-on workshops at events.ctlt.ubc.ca
- See the image below on the suggested paths of professional development sessions you should take at the Connect Institute, depending on how your course was created: